Garnish your ordinary cupcakes with this exceptional sour cream icing! Using sour cream in the recipe adds a sweet-and-sour flavor and a creamy texture you’ll absolutely love!
INGREDIENTS IN MAKING SOUR CREAM FROSTING:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SOUR CREAM FROSTING RECIPE:
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar and butter until well combined.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- If frosting is too thick, spoon Add extra sour cream as needed to get the required consistency.
- Spread on cooled cake or cupcakes and top with cinnamon or bits of grated carrot, or just leave it plain.
HOMEMADE SOUR CREAM WITH CULTURES FOR HEALTH
Now that you’ve learned how to create vanilla frosting using sour cream, why not up your fermentation game by producing your own sour cream?
Cultures for Health features the most extensive collection of starter cultures and fermentation equipment, including our incredible Sour Cream Starting Culture.
This package includes four packets of freeze dried sour cream starting culture, allowing you to use it for at least 25 years. This package also includes extensive instructions to ensure that you know precisely what to do. It will be available for use whenever you wish to produce some.
We also have all of the tools you’ll need for any type of cultures you want to start or fermentation. Cultures for Health is a one-stop store for all of your needs!