Strawberry Cream Cheese Toast is an easy breakfast option that is made with toasted sourdough bread, cream cheese, macerated strawberries, and fresh basil. Very easy and wonderful!
If you’re looking for another quick breakfast option with strawberries, make a three-ingredient Strawberry Smoothie. For a sweeter option, make a Strawberry Preserves Cake or some Strawberry Donuts.
The most crucial meal of the day is breakfast. Most days I opt for oatmeal because it’s fast and easy to make. However, some days I need a change and something different for breakfast instead. I frequently consume avocado toast on such days.
Avocado toast is a real thing. It’s virtually taken over, and there are so many lovely varieties that you can’t not but try it. The avocado is generally the only issue I have with avocado toast. The avocado is either too hard and not ready or I forget all about it and it becomes too ripe for me to use and I have to throw it away instead. Avocado must be perfectly ripe in order to be used on toasted bread.
Yet bread can be eaten in a variety of ways, and I like being creative with my morning toast. Since there is no need to wait for the right avocado, cream cheese is an excellent choice for topping toasted bread. It also has a gentle creamy taste that goes nicely with stronger flavors.
I opted to top the cream cheese toast with macerated strawberries and a tiny quantity of fresh basil for this dish. This toast is definitely fancy, the perfect balance of sweet and savory, and satisfying. The fresh basil sprinkled on top provides another depth of taste and freshness. Be sure to save this toast recipe with strawberries and try it soon.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Strawberries – Be sure you utilize fresh strawberries from your local grocery store’s fruit area. You will prepare them by removing the green leaves and cutting them into quarters. We have not tested this recipe using frozen strawberries.
- Sugar – Use either granulated or cane sugar. If you like, you may use a sugar replacement. This ingredient will help to lightly sweeten the strawberries and pull the moisture out of them to help create the strawberry topping for our toast.
- Bread – Any bread will work for this cream cheese toast with strawberries, but try to choose one that is crusty and toasts beautifully, such as sourdough or pieces of French bread.
- Olive Oil – This will aid in toasting the bread and offer a layer of extra flavor.
- Cream Cheese – You may use whatever original flavor cream cheese you choose. Dairy-free, low-fat, or full-fat cream cheese will all work well with this recipe. You may also choose from flavored options like strawberry, chive, or jalapeño.
- Basil – Garnish the strawberry toast with a sprig of fresh basil. You only need a small amount and can usually find a small container in the produce section of the grocery store.
For accurate ingredient amounts, see the recipe card below.
Step By Step Instructions
Begin by prepping the fresh strawberries for the dish. You must wash them, remove the green tips, and cut them into quarters. Toss the prepared strawberries with the granulated sugar and allow them to sit for about 15 to 20 minutes until the juices release.
Preheat the oven to high broil and set the bread pieces on a baking sheet, brushing the tops with olive oil before placing under the broiler for 2 to 4 minutes, or until gently toasted and golden brown in color.
Remove the bread from the oven with care and generously spread cream cheese on top of each piece of toast.
Then, pour the necessary number of strawberries on top of the cream cheese and sprinkle with freshly chopped basil over each piece. Enjoy!
If you have any leftover strawberry mixture, then store it in an airtight container and use it the next morning with another serving of cream cheese toast. The strawberry concoction will only keep for one day.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Toast
Strawberry Cream Cheese Toast is a quick and simple breakfast prepared with toasted sourdough bread, cream cheese, macerated strawberries, and fresh basil. So simple and delicious!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Calories 255 kcal
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into quarters after removing the green leaves
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 slice crusty bread (I use sourdough)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- Begin by preparing 1 cup fresh strawberries for the recipe. You will need to wash them, remove the green tops, and cut them into quarters.
- Mix the prepared strawberries with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and let aside for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the juices have released.
- Preheat the oven to high broil and lay the 1 bread slice on a baking sheet, brushing the tops with 1 teaspoon olive oil before placing in the oven under the broiler (or air fryer) for 2 to 4 minutes, or until gently toasted and golden brown in color.
- Remove the bread from the oven with care and add 1 spoonful of cream cheese on top of each piece of toast.
- Lastly, spoon the desired amount of strawberries on top of the cream cheese and top each piece with a sprinkle (1 teaspoon) of freshly chopped basil. Enjoy!
255kcal caloric intake 37g carbohydrate 5g protein Fat: 11g 4g Saturated Fat 1g polyunsaturated fat 4g Monounsaturated Fat 0.01g trans fat 15mg cholesterol Sodium content: 180mg 280mg potassium 4g fiber 21g of sugar 218 IU of vitamin A 85mg vitamin C 72mg calcium Iron: 2mg
*All nutritional information is estimated and based on third-party estimates. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Toast 7 Different Ways
- Rum French Toast
- Strawberry Preserves Cake
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to enjoy this Strawberry Cream Cheese Toast?