This All-Purpose Homemade Vanilla Cake Recipe is the BEST Birthday Cake Recipe we’ve ever tasted! Learn How to Make Vanilla Cake from Scratch… The easy way!
The Perfect Vanilla Cake Recipe for All Occasions!
Even if you don’t consider yourself a baker, every competent chef needs a few go-to sweets in their repertoire.
A soft fluffy vanilla recipe cake This traditional dessert is ideal for business functions, potlucks, and, of course, birthday celebrations!
This vanilla cake is one of our favorites since it is so flexible. You can make it as a layer cake , a sheet cake , or even cupcakes You may garnish it with whichever icing you want since what doesn’t go with vanilla?
It stays moist when made in advance. It freezes well . And it rakes in the compliments like nothing else!
Our Best Birthday Cake Recipe
We enjoy basic vanilla cake as a “birthday cake” since it always goes over well.
This birthday cake recipe is topped with our Homemade Funfetti Frosting and is ideal for your special day!
The vanilla cake is ultra moist , with a bold vanilla flavor As a result, it’s critical to utilize pure vanilla extract.
It has a delicate crumb with small pores and is very tender and fluffy. To be honest, it’s about as close to perfection as a vanilla cake can get.
You’ll adore this simple vanilla birthday cake recipe, whether dressed up for sophisticated gatherings or served sheet-pan casual!
Homemade Vanilla Cake Recipe Ingredients
Make a shopping list. Here’s what you will need…
- Cake Flour – If necessary, replace all-purpose flour and a pinch of cornstarch.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter – For quality control, always use unsalted butter and season to taste.
- Granulated Sugar
- Eggs – 2 large eggs + 1 egg white
- Buttermilk – Buy it or make it yourself!
- Vanilla Extract – Pure, not imitation.
- Homemade Funfetti Frosting – Check out our recipe!
How To Make Vanilla Cake
- Cream – It’s very important to cream the butter and sugar together on high speed, to break the sugar crystals down into the butter. Doing this right takes about 3-5 minutes. Please do not skip this step! It is responsible for the airy, fluffy cake texture.
- Measure – Carefully measure the ingredients. Then combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in a separate measuring pitcher.
- Combine – Alternately add the wet and dry ingredients to the butter until fully combined.
- Bake – Pour the batter into the pan and bake!
Vanilla Cake from Scratch – Pro Tips
The following are the most crucial things you can do to guarantee a great bake:
- Purchase fresh ingredients (eggs, butter, baking powder, etc.).
- Measure accurately.
- Make sure your oven thermostat is accurate.
It’s a fact. Most baking disasters are caused by these three factors. Ingredients lose moisture and lifting power over time. And ovens often start running too hot or too cool.
Get a low-cost oven thermometer to obtain an accurate reading on your oven. Then adjust the temperature as needed.
BONUS: Cakes are best served at room temperature. If you refrigerate your cake, make sure to set the cake out one hour before serving.
Easy Vanilla Cake FAQ
Can I Use Gluten-Free Baking Flour in this Recipe?
Yes! This dish adapts quite nicely to gluten-free. Use 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour mix, instead of wheat flour.
How Far In Advance Can I Make This Cake?
You can make this cake up to three days Thank you in advance. Cover it well with plastic and leave at room temperature.
How Long Does It Last?
Cover the cake thoroughly after serving. Then you can leave it out at room temperature for 4-5 days, or refrigerate it for up to 2 weeks.
Can I Freeze Homemade Cake?
Yes! Wrap the cake very well with plastic, and freeze up to 3 months. Let to come to room temperature before serving.
More Amazing Cake Recipes
- The Ultimate Texas Sheet Cake
- Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Gooey Butter Cake
- Apple Sheet Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting
- Lemon Buttermilk Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Cake
- Easy Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Strawberry Yogurt Bundt Cake
The Best Homemade Vanilla Cake Recipe
The GREATEST Birthday Cake Recipe we’ve ever eaten is this All-Purpose Homemade Vanilla Cake Recipe! Discover How to Make Vanilla Cake from Scratch… The simple method!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans or a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Grease and flour the baking pans. (If you plan to flip the cake out of the pan, line the bottom with parchment paper before greasing the pan. Trace the pan bottoms onto parchment paper and cut out the pieces to fit perfectly.)
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer on high speed until very light and fluffy. (Approximately 3-5 minutes) Next, using a rubber spatula, scrape the bowl.
- Mix the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate dish.
- Pour the buttermilk in a large measuring pitcher. The eggs, egg white, and vanilla essence are then whisked in.
- Turn the mixer on low and alternate adding in the flour mixture and the buttermilk, until all is combined. Scrape the basin one more. Then beat again for 15-30 seconds, just until the batter is smooth. The batter should not be over-mixed.
- Pour the cake batter in the prepared pan(s) and place on the center rack in the oven. 9-inch pans should be baked for 22-25 minutes, and 9X13-inch pans should be baked for 30-35 minutes. Test the cake by inserting a toothpick into the center. Remove from the oven if it comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then carefully flip out onto a cooling rack. Let to cool fully. Once cooled, frost the cake with Homemade Funfetti Frosting. Then slice and serve!
Flour Measuring – It’s very important to measure the flour accurately. Stir the flour in the bag to lighten it up. Spoon the flour into measuring cups. Then, level the top.
Learn how to make your own buttermilk here !
What about cupcakes? Yes, you can scoop the batter into 24 cupcake liners. Preheat the oven to 14-16 degrees Celsius.
1lg pc, 344kcal, 50g carbs, 5g protein, 14g fat, 8g saturated fat, 69mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 150mg potassium, 1g fiber, 31g sugar, 455IU vitamin A, 76mg calcium, 1mg iron
Cooking this dish? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
How to make a cake at home step by step?
How to Bake a Cake
- Step 1: Prepare Baking Pans.
- Step 2: Let the ingredients to come to room temperature.
- Step 3: Preheat the Oven.
- Step 4: Stir Together Dry Ingredients. .
- Step 5: Combine the Butter and Sugar.
- Step 6: Add Eggs One at a Time.
- Step 7: Alternate between adding dry and wet ingredients.
- Step 8: Pour Batter into Pans and Bake.
What is the main ingredients of cake?
Flour, eggs, fat (typically butter), sugar, salt, a liquid (usually milk), and leavening agents are the essential materials for making a cake (such as baking soda).
How is cake made?
Cakes are typically produced in one of three ways in the United States. In the conventional method the sugar and fat are creamed together, the egg added, and a mixture of flour, salt, and baking powder mixed in alternately with the liquid, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
What are the basic cake making methods?
Methods of cake-making
- Creaming. This is the term used when a cake is made with butter or block margarine (soft or whipped margarines are unsuitable).
- Rubbing-in. A cake made by this method starts off with the fat being rubbed into the flour – exactly the same as for shortcrust pastry.